5G trials for vertical industries
Thursday, 20 June 2019, 14:00-15:45, room R1
- Massimo Bertoncini (Engineering Ingegneria Informatica, Italy)
- Giampaolo Fiorentino (Engineering Ingegneria Informatica, Italy)
- Filippo Rebecchi (Thales, France)
- Maria Rita Spada (Wind Tre, Italy)
The “5G trials for vertical industries” special session is jointly organised by a group of active 5G PPP projects working towards the realization and validation of vertical applications enabled by 5G technologies, including NRG-5 (www.nrg5.eu), 5GCity (www.5gcity.eu), 5G-MEDIA (www.5gmedia.eu), and 5G Essence (www.5g-essence-h2020.eu). The workshop targets vertical industries such as Energy, Media, Smart City, and Public Safety.
As most of 5G PPP phase 2 projects will reach their end in 2019, the special session represents an outstanding opportunity to share experiences on planning and execution of real world validation activities, examine the set of addressed validation metrics (KPIs) together with their relationship with the associated vertical requirements, and illustrate preliminary results and lessons learned.
The special session will serve as a privileged venue for all the 5G PPP projects that are entering the technology validation phase, including those providing platforms (ICT-17) and trial activities (ICT-19), to cross-fertilize, exchange best practices for trial and validation activities taking into account the selected 5G PPP KPIs, fostering also future collaborations between partners of different projects and vertical industries.
Program (all presentations have an associated paper):
- “Network Functions for Supporting 5G Services”, Alexandros Kostopoulos (OTE), Ioannis P. Chochliouros (OTE), Evangelos Sfakianakis (OTE), Daniele Munaretto (Athonet SRL), Claus Keuker (Smart Mobile Labs AG), Michail-Alexandros Kourtis (NCSR Demokritos), Ioannis Giannoulakis (NCSR Demokritos)
- “Use Cases for Developing Enhanced Mobile Broadband Services for the Promotion of 5G”, Ioannis Chochliouros (OTE), Anastasia Spiliopoulou (OTE), Alexandros Kostopoulos (OTE), Dimitrios Arvanitozisis (OTE), Na Yi (University of Surrey), Tao Chen (VTT), Athanassios Dardamanis (SmartNet), Olga Segou (Orion), Latif Ladid (University of Luxembourg), Rita Spada (Wind 3)
- “How 5G Enables Smart Energy: Setup and First Experiences from the NRG-5 Pilots”, Francesco Bellesini (Emotion), Tommaso Bragatto (ASM Terni SPA), Daniel Cabagnols (Engie Ineo), Antonello Corsi (Engineering) Giampaolo Fiorentino (Engineering), José Mariia Lalueza (Visiona), Filippo Rebecchi (Thales);
- “Path to 5G smart cities: experiences from media and public safety pilots in 5GCity”, Gino Carrozzo (Nextworks), Shauib Siddiqui (i2CAT);
- “Definition and Evaluation of Latency in 5G with Heterogeneous Use Cases and Architectures”, Kevin Du (OnApp Limited), Bessem Sayadi (Nokia Bell-Labs), Oscar Carrasco (Casa Systems), Fotis Lazarakis (NCSR Demokritos), Gino Carrozzo (NextWorks), Shauib Siddiqui (i2CAT), Janez Sterle (Internet Institute), Roberto Bruschi (CNIT);
- “Enabling the Media industry with 5G: the 5G-MEDIA Pilot Cases”, Stamatia Rizou (Singular Logic), Pasquale Andriani (Engineering) ;
- “Experimenting End-to-End slicing with public safety applications”, Hicham Khalife (Thales), Ehsan Khaleghi (Thales), Begona Blanco (University of Basque County),Olga Segou (Orion Innovations).