Awarded Travel Grants
The Travel Grants Committee awarded 4 travel grants this year
Rules for Students’ Travel Grants
1 – EuCNC awards Travel Grants to students, so that they can attend the conference.
2 – The Travel Grant consists of the Registration Fee plus a Contribution to Travel Expenses.
3 – The Registration Fee will be corresponding to:
– a “Limited Global Registration” (R02), if the student is an author/co-author of a paper accepted to the conference and is presenting the paper at the conference;
– a “Student Global Registration” (R07), in all other cases.
4 – The Contribution to Travel Expenses will be the actual travel costs, limited to 500 €, for which the student will have to present receipts.
5 – Applications to Travel Grants should be made via EDAS. The students are required to upload their Curriculum Vitae, and a copy of their student card or a certificate from their academic institution.
6 – Travel Grants are awarded according to the following priorities:
– Students that are authors/co-authors of papers accepted to the conference, and are presenting their papers at the conference; the students with papers with a higher mark will be given a higher priority.
– Students that are authors/co-authors of papers accepted to the conference, but are not presenting their papers at the conference.
– Ph.D. students that are not authors of papers at the conference.
– M.Sc. students that are not authors of papers at the conference.
– In each of the categories listed above, priority is given to students studying in European countries, ranking first those from countries that are ranked below 70% of the EU27 average of the composite indicator on Research Excellence.
7 – The following key dates apply to Travel Grant applications:
2018 : Deadline for submission of Travel Grant applications; Apr. 27th May 4th
2018 May 18th: Notification of acceptance of Travel Grant applications.
8 – The students need to register to the conference according to their status: with a Student Registration (“Student Global Registration” (R07) or “Student Conference Registration” (R08)) if the registration is not covering a paper, or with a Full/Limited Registration (R01, R02, R03 or R04) for an author presenting a paper. In any case, the registration fees have to be paid and the registration must respect the authors’ registration policy if applicable.
9 – In case the Travel Grant is awarded, the registration fee will be waived and refunded directly. The reimbursement of the travel fees will be done after the receipts are provided.
10 – The number of the Travel Grant to be issued depends on budget availability.
11 – A Travel Grants Committee decides on the awarding of the travel grants, being composed of: Steering Committee Chair from the current edition of the conference, and Technical Programme Chairs from the current and previous editions of the conference.
12 – Complaints are decided by the Steering Committee of the conference.