Rules for Students’ Travel Grants
1 – EuCNC awards Travel Grants to students, so that they can attend the conference.
2 – The Travel Grant consists of the Registration Fee plus a Contribution to Travel Expenses.
3 – The Registration Fee will be corresponding to:
– a “Limited EuCNC Registration” (R02), if the student is an author/co-author of a paper accepted to the conference and is presenting the paper at the conference;
– a “Student EuCNC Registration” (R07), in all other cases.
4 – The Contribution to Travel Expenses will be the actual travel costs, limited to 500 €, for which the student will have to present receipts.
5 – Applications to Travel Grants should be made via EDAS: https://www.edas.info/G.php?g=613. The students are required to upload their Curriculum Vitae, and a copy of their student card or a certificate from their academic institution.
6 – Travel Grants are awarded according to the following priorities:
– Students that are authors/co-authors of papers accepted to the conference, and are presenting their papers at the conference; the students with papers with a higher mark will be given a higher priority.
– Students that are authors/co-authors of papers accepted to the conference, but are not presenting their papers at the conference.
– Ph.D. students that are not authors of papers at the conference.
– M.Sc. students that are not authors of papers at the conference.
– In each of the categories listed above, priority is given to students studying in European countries, ranking first those from countries that are ranked below 70% of the EU27 average of the composite indicator on Research Excellence.
7 – The following key dates apply to Travel Grant applications:
– 2019 Feb. 22nd : Deadline for submission of Travel Grant applications;
– 2019 Apr. 17th: Notification of acceptance of Travel Grant applications.
8 – In case the Travel Grant is awarded, the granted applicants will receive a complimentary registration code according to their status: a Student EuCNC Registration (R07) code if the applicant is not presenting a paper, or a Limited EuCNC Registration (R02) code for an author presenting a paper. In case the applicant had registered before the Travel Grant is awarded, the registration fee will be waived and refunded directly.
9 – The reimbursement of the travel fees will be done after the receipts are provided.
10 – The number of the Travel Grant to be issued depends on budget availability.
11 – A Travel Grants Committee decides on the awarding of the travel grants, being composed of: Steering Committee Chair from the current edition of the conference, and Technical Programme Chairs from the current and previous editions of the conference.
12 – Complaints are decided by the Steering Committee of the conference.