Thursday, 9 June 2022, 10:30-12:00
(Room to be defined)
- Hans D. Schotten (6G Platform Germany, University of Kaiserslautern, DE)
This Special Session will introduce the German 6G program. Initial results of the four German research hubs, the agenda of the 6G platform Germany, and the status quo of the German 6G industry program will be presented. The announcement of the finally selected 6G industry projects including the German 6G flagship project is planned for this session. The key note by Simone Redana will outline the research scope of the planned flagship project. The Special Session aims to introduce the German 6G research program to the European research communities and to initiate collaborations with other 6G research programs. Background: In April 2021, the German government announced a 700 MEUR 6G research program. The 6G Platform Germany acts as umbrella organisation, collaboration platform, and liaison manager of the 6G program with European and international 6G programs and industry associations. Four 6G research hubs were established in 2021 with an overall budget of approx. 250 MEUR for the period 2021-2025. 6G industry projects are expected to start in 2022 covering a wide range of technical and application areas. Additional instruments are in the planning phase.
• Welcome and Introduction of German 6G Program (Hans D. Schotten, 5 min)
• Introduction of 6G Platform Germany and its Working Groups (6G Platform WG chairs, 10 min)
• Presentations of the four 6G research hubs on their visions and initial research contributions (Haris Gacanin (6GEM), Slawomir Stanczak (6G-RIC), Frank Fitzek (6G-live), Hans D. Schotten (Open6GHub), 40 min)
• Announcement of the latest news on 6G industry program (German Ministry of Research and Education (TBC) or 6G Platform, 5 min)
• Key Note by Simone Redana, Nokia, on planned German 6G flagship (Simone Redana, 25 min)
• Concluding remarks (5 min)
All presentations are confirmed.
CV of Simone Redana: Dr. Simone Redana is responsible for the Standardization Research and Delegation in Nokia Strategy & Technology leading teams of researchers and standard delegates across different countries with focus RAN and CN Architecture, Protocols, Security, Network Automation, Cloud Evolution and AI/ML. Simone is also driving several enterprise business acceleration activities with industry partners in Germany and Japan with particular focus on industrial automation. He has been setting up the 5GPPP Architecture WG where he was elected as Chairman, coordinated the EU funded project 5G NORMA and he is now involved in national and international activities on 6G.