Awarding of Grants
A total of 20 grants were awared.
Rules for Students’ Travel Grants
- EuCNC awards Travel Grants to students, so that they can attend the conference.
- The Travel Grant consists of the Registration Fee plus a Contribution to Travel Expenses.
- The Registration Fee will be:
- a Full one, if the student is an author/co-author of a paper accepted to the conference and is presenting the paper at the conference;
- a Student one, in all other cases.
- The Contribution to Travel Expenses will be the actual travel costs, limited to 500 €, for which the students will have to present proofs of payment.
- Applications for Student Travel Grants must be made on EDAS. The students are required to upload their CV and a copy of their student card or a certificate from their academic institution.
- Travel Grants are awarded according to the following priorities:
- Students that are authors/co-authors of papers accepted to the conference, and are presenting their papers at the conference; the students with papers with a higher mark will be given a higher priority.
- Students that are authors/co-authors of papers accepted to the conference, but are not presenting their papers at the conference.
- Ph.D. students that are not authors of papers at the conference.
- M.Sc. students that are not authors of papers at the conference.
In each of the categories listed above, priority is given to students studying in countries that are ranked below 70% of the EU27 average of the composite indicator on Research Excellence.
- The following key dates apply to Student Travel Grant applications:
- Applications must be received by 24 April 2015.
- Notifications will be sent by
8 May 201522 May 2015 (postponed).
- The students need to register to conference accordingly to their status: with a Student Registration if the registration is not covering a paper or with a Full Registration for an author presenting a paper.
In any case, the registration fees have to be paid and the registration must respect the authors' registration policy if applicable.
In case of Travel Grants awarded, the registration fees will be waived and refunded directly on the credit card used for the payment after the notification of acceptance. The reimbursement of the travel fees (up to 500€) will be done to the students during the conference if all proofs of payment are provided. Otherwise, they will be paid within 15 days after receipt of the proofs.
- A Travel Grants Committee decides on the awarding of the travel grants, being composed of: Steering Committee Chair from the current edition of the conference, and Technical Programme Chairs from the current and previous editions of the conference.
- Complaints are decided by the Steering Committee of the conference.