5G Security: Phase 1 landscape and foreseen evolutions
Monday, 12 June 2017 (room to be defined)
Bisson Pascal (Thales, France)
Jean Philippe Wary (Orange, France)
Motivation and Background
The workshop builds on the work conducted on 5G Security by the 5G PPP Security WG created and coordinated by the 5G- ENSURE project (5G Enablers for network and system security and resilience https://5g-ppp.eu/5g-ensure/), one of the 5G-PPP projects from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
The purpose of the workshop is threefold:
- Present the 5G Security Landscape whitepaper, as result of the exchange and collaborative work conducted with other 5G PPP Phase 1 projects active or interested in the security field (CHARISMA, SELFNET, 5G- NORMA, SONATA, 5G-Ex, SPEED-5G, COGNET, SESAME, VIRTUWIND, SUPERFLUIDITY, METIS II). The whitepaper has a focus on areas of shared topics (e.g. 5G Security architecture, 5G Privacy, Trust, Security monitoring and management, Slicing/Virtualisation, Standardisation) which have been clearly identified, by the 5G-PPP projects involved, as priority areas for 5G, and for which a common position has been established. The findings can provide a reference point for driving future work on 5G security.
- Open a discussion with other relevant stakeholders to complement the findings coming from the Landscape whitepaper on 5G security with their perspectives. The aim is to discuss the ways forward for 5G security, covering perspectives from political to economic, social and technological, by establishing links between all the domains which are in some way impacted by 5G security.
- Provide the necessary guidance to future projects to continue to advance 5G Security in the right direction while taking advantages not only of findings but also assets coming from Phase 1 projects and manifested through collective work achieved within 5G-PPP Security WG that would help to strengthen cross-project fertilisation.
The workshop is organized under the theme security in the track “NET - Networking”, but the technical topics address all the EuCNC tracks.
The workshop will comprise:
- Presentation of the findings of “5G Security Landscape” whitepaper on behalf of the 5G-PPP Security WG
- Keynote with one or two invited speakers
- Panel on “5G Security Perspectives”: bringing together representatives of large industry, vertical domains (e.g. Industry 4.0, Energy, Automotive, …), legislation/regulation, large organization such as Interpol of NATO, cyber security institution (e.g. ECSO) or government. Looking at the different perspectives the panel aims to identify security gaps between current industry/agency security practices and the focus of 5G-PPP Phase 1 projects on 5G Security.