2nd Network Management, Quality of Service and Security for 5G Networks
Monday, 12 June 2017 (room to be defined)
- Michael Taynnan Barros (Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland)
- Gregorio Martinez Perez (University of Murcia, Spain)
Motivation and Background
The reason for the workshop is to show case the work of the Network Management, Quality of Service and Security Working Group of the EU 5GPPP and also to present the newly developed whitepaper on these same topics as developed the projects involved in the Working Group.
The workshop will bring together the various contributing projects within the 5GPPP that are involved in this working group and also interested parties (projects and/or organisations) which have a common interest in the development and progression of the identified topics below:
- Network Management:
- Integration of Networking Technologies
- Integrated & Cognitive Network Management
- Virtual Network Platforms
- Multi Domain Software Networks
- Service Program and Orchestration
- Network Softwarisation
- Network Security, Protection and Resilience
- Network Slicing
- Network Integrity and Privacy
- Quality of Services:
- Metrics, Algorithms and Techniques for QoS and QoE of the Network & Services
- SDN and NFV technology:
- These will be core to 5G and the QoS and security of the network will depend heavily on the proper management and manipulation of these technologies.
- Network Management in the vertical industries:
- Industry 4.0
The workshop will comprise:
- 1 keynote speakers: one keynote speaker from telco industry (operator or vendor).
- Presentations of the White Paper launched by the Working Group
- 1-2 paper sessions depending on the number of accepted papers. This will include three types of paper: Full papers, short papers and demo papers.