Welcome to EuCNC 2016 | Athens, Greece | June 27-30
Welcome to the European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC 2016)!
EuCNC 2016 is the 25th edition of a successful series of a technical conference in the field of telecommunications, sponsored by the European Commission. The 2016 edition will be co-organized by the University of Piraeus and the Institute of Communications and Computer Systems (ICCS). Once again, this conference will be a cornerstone event for research in advanced networks and associated topics, with multiple exciting sessions, workshops, exhibitions/demonstrations, as well as an outstanding social program.
EuCNC 2016 is open to the world research community, it is sponsored also by the European Commission, and has a focus that ranges from the physical layer to all types of supported applications. Particular focus will be on 5G technologies.
Aspects of interest include but are not limited to:
- Air interfaces (PHY, MAC, RRM, respective developments towards 5G).
- Optical communications/networks (access/core technologies, signal processing, components, etc.).
- Software defined infrastructures (SDN, NFV, orchestration, etc.).
- Management technologies (physical/virtualized resource management, predictive technologies, resilience and security, learning and self-optimization, cognition, architectures and standards).
- Converging concepts (IoT/M2M, CPS, embedded and nanoscale systems, cloud/edge/fog computing, OTT, etc.).
- Business aspects, vertical sectors, applications/services.
- Testbeds and experiments.
The conference will include:
- Regular sessions with papers (to appear in IEEEXplore).
- One of the largest, for scientific conferences, technology and demonstration exhibition, mainly centered around 5G technologies.
- Workshops, special sessions, panels covering technology and business aspects.
- Keynote talks from world renowned leaders.
- Extended networking opportunities.
In the era of the global challenges of the digital age, Europe has to be ready to create and pursue opportunities focused on and centered around digital technologies. EuCNC 2016 is the main venue for showcasing (demonstrating, trialling) and getting the latest insights on respective results.
We wish you a very fruitful and enjoyable EuCNC 2016. Enjoy Athens!
Mario Campolargo and Panagiotis Demestichas
(Conference General Co-Chair and TPC Co-Chair)